BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 1T Blue Shovel (C2116001010)
Features of BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 1T Blue Shovel C2116001010
- Extendable T-grip provides a firm hold
- Ovo-concave (oval concave radius) shaft with variable offset sliding surfaces is strong and grippable
- Low-profile blade features a flat "stomp edge," letting you penetrate snow and ice by adding body weight
- The front third of the blade offers a smooth surface for forming clean snowpit walls during snow stability tests
- Auto-engaging spring pins at the blade/shaft connection make for faster assembly and deployment
- Shovels is designed to lie flat in your pack with no protruding ferrule or neck, leaving more room for other backcountry gear
- Meets the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels
- 6061 T6 Aluminum Blade/Shaft
Product Info for BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 1T Blue Shovel C2116001010
The BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 1T Shovel is their most popular size avalanche shovel, made for the masses.
All of BCA's new Dozer shovels feature ovo-concave shafts and low-profile, "stompable" blades. The front third of the shovel blade offers a smooth surface for clean snowpit walls during snow stability tests. With BCA's flat "stomp edge" on the blade, you can penetrate just about anything by adding body weight.
Auto-engaging spring pins at the blade/shaft connection make for faster, hands-free assembly/deployment. BCA shovels lie flat in your pack with no protruding ferrule or "neck," leaving more room for other backcountry gear. All BCA extendable shovels are designed to meet the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels.
GritrOutdoors is an authorized Backcountry Access dealer
|Blade Dimensions, in||9" x 10.5"|
|Handle and Shaft Compressed Length, in||15.25"|
|Handle and Shaft Assembled Length, in||23.35"|
|Assembled Shovel Compressed Length, in||22.25"|
|Assembled Shovel Extended Length, in||30"|
|Blade Shaft Material||6061 T6 Aluminum|
|Certification||Designed to meet the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels|