BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 2H Orange Shovel (C2116005020)
Features of BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 2H Orange Shovel C2116005020
- Hoe mode provides added efficiency when paddling chunks of debris without lifting
- Extendable T-grip provides a firm hold
- Ovo-concave (oval concave radius) shaft with variable offset sliding surfaces is strong and grippable
- Low-profile blade features a flat "stomp edge," letting you penetrate snow and ice by adding body weight
- The front third of the blade offers a smooth surface for forming clean snow pit walls during snow stability tests
- Auto-engaging spring pins at the blade/shaft connection make for faster assembly and deployment
- Shovel is designed to lie flat in your pack with no protruding ferrule or neck, leaving more room for other backcountry gear
- Meets the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels
Product Info for BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 2H Orange Shovel C2116005020
The BACKCOUNTRY ACCESS Dozer 2H Shovel is the granddaddy of their shovel line, with hoe mode to provide added efficiency when "paddling" chunks of debris without lifting.
All of BCA's new Dozer shovels feature ovo-concave shafts and low-profile, "stompable" blades. The front third of the shovel blade offers a smooth surface for clean snowpit walls during snow stability tests. With BCA's flat "stomp edge" on the blade, you can penetrate just about anything by adding body weight.
Auto-engaging spring pins at the blade/shaft connection make for faster, hands-free assembly/deployment. BCA shovels lie flat in your pack with no protruding ferrule or "neck," leaving more room for other backcountry gear. All BCA extendable shovels are designed to meet the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels.
GritrOutdoors is an authorized Backcountry Access dealer
|Material||Heat-treated, 6061 aluminum|
|Blade Dimensions, in||9.75" x 11.5"|
|Handle and Shaft Compressed Length, in||15.25"|
|Handle and Shaft Assembled Length, in||23.5"|
|Assembled Shovel Compressed Length, in||23.5"|
|Assembled Shovel Extended Length, in||31.5"|
|Blade Shaft Material||6061 T6 Aluminum|
|Certification||Designed to meet the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels|