SHIMANO Tranx Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel
Features of SHIMANO Tranx Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- Designed as a 'working machine for big fish'
- Heavy duty low profile baitcasting reel. It's not one of the lightest with it's 330 grams
- X-ship is a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency
- The Hagane Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium
- Stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body
- CoreProtect prevents water entering the body
- S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield
- The Super Free bearing supported pinion gear system (SF) was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast
- Super Stopper II eliminates backward movement and free play in the handle when the reel is set in antireverse
- Suitable for both fresh and salt water purposes
Product Info for SHIMANO Tranx Baitcasting Fishing ReelThe Tranx incorporates Shimano's CoreProtect concept that maintains a smooth and free feel while winding. It is ideally suited to both fresh and salt, ranging from light jigging, soft plastic use or casting hard body lures. Tranx reels not only fit beautifully in the hand, they are packed with more than enough drag capacity and durability, the Tranx is at the next level. Tackle anything that swims in freshwater or saltwater with the powerful, new Tranx. X-Ship & HEG technologies combine to provide massive cranking power with a smooth effortless retrieve, perfect for throwing big baits and catching big fish. Plus, Shimano's new CoreProtect water resistant technology provides long-lasting durability in the harshest environments.
X-Ship provides improved gear durability. Supported on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance, especially with lighter lure, and allow for longer casts. .
G Free Body
Developed to shift the reel’s centre of gravity closer to the rod. This has been achieved by moving the worm shaft oscillation mechanism 19mm from the bottom of the reel to the top. By moving the centre of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
The metal construction showcased in some of the finest reels now appears throughout of the line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
X-protect Water Resistance
New Stella incorporates non-contact X-Protect The combination of water resistance and labyrinth structure provides performance that resists hydraulic pressure without impairing smooth reeling. X-Protect utilized on the line roller and roller clutch, improving line roller durability five times over the existing model.
GritrOutdoors is an authorized Shimano dealer